Did you know that 90% of homebuyers searched online during their home buying process? The new consumer does their homework ahead of time before turning to a professional to assist them in purchasing a home. In real estate today, 52% of homebuyers turn to the web to START their search! This is especially important in the Myrtle Beach Area Market. We cannot stress the importance of ensuring that you have a strong digital marketing plan when listing your home.
1) Website presence - Real estate related searches on Google.com have grown 253% over the past 4 years. If your home is not on the web or not marketed correctly on the web, it will be lost in the sea of listings.
2) Social Media - Sprout Social’s Consumer Engagement Index evaluates which industries receive the most engagement from customers on social media. According to their data, the real estate industry is second overall in terms of inbound engagement relative to audience size. Simply listing a home on the MLS is not good enough in today’s marketplace. People are using multiple online social media resources (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) to research and find homes and if your agent is not on social media your listing may be missing out on this growing trend.
3) YouTube – YouTube is the top video research destination for home shoppers. People are going to YouTube to find out more about a community, watch a tour of the inside of a home, get information and more. A video tour of your home on YouTube is yet another way to reach out to potential buyers. This is especially relevant in the Myrtle Beach market as a large percentage of buyers are coming from out of town and looking online before they come.
4) Good Pictures - Redfin Corp data shows that listings with nicer photos get more online attention. And yet, only 15% of listings incorporate higher-end photography. This is even true at the high-end. It is also shown that listings with professional quality photos command higher prices. Again, with such a large out of town buyer pool, when you list in the Myrtle Beach Area, you need to put your best foot forward online.
5) Mobile Friendly - 89% of new home shoppers use a mobile search engine at the onset and throughout their research. Today home buying research happens on the go. Whether at home, at work, in a restaurant, standing in line, etc, more and more people are using their phones to assist in their search for a new home. Does your agent have a mobile friendly website?
6) It’s Not Just Younger Buyers – 75% of senior homebuyers go online to search for a home. The retirement search category is rising with keywords such as “best retirement communities”. Myrtle Beach is consistently ranked as one of the top retirement destinations. It is so important that your listing is getting in front of this buyer pool.
7) Vacation Home Shoppers – 93% of vacation home shoppers used the internet during their home search and South Carolina is a top 5 state for vacation home category searches! Need we say more?
All of these things are essential to make your home stand out in todays home buying market. It is extremely important that your agent has a digital marketing strategy or you will miss out on today’s uber-connected homebuyer.
At the Hereda Team, we understand this and continually work to keep fresh, up to date information on our website and social media pages. We have professional photos taken of every listing we have regardless of price. Our YouTube channel and website hosts videos of our listings and we also post on other social media sites as well as use in e-blasts. We ensure that our website is mobile friendly. All of these things plus more are what you can expect when you list with The Hereda Team.